Topic: ACS Community Meeting Q2
Time: May 16, 2019 15:00 PM UT
Join by H.323
126.96.36.199 (US West)
188.8.131.52 (US East)
184.108.40.206 (Hong Kong)
- Make Python 3 Migration page public: ACS Python 3 port
- ACS website: Still not published. Low priority
- Upgrade JAR libraries to Java 11 compatible versions (Hibernate 5 is the main one)
- Available since 2019FEB.
- Applications using hibernate may require different levels of attention depending on what parts of the library they use.
- Port ACS to Java 11
- Core of the porting started with 2019APR.
- Upgrade of libraries found in run-time, compilation issues and other fixes/improvements for Java 11 done as part of 2019JUN.
- Due to incompatibility between the changes and the Java 8 version, these modifications are not available on master branch. They will be merged after ALMA Go/NoGo decision on July 26th.
- Merge to the master is expected somewhere between August and September, so it would not be available as part of 2019AUG, but 2019OCT if the Go/NoGo decission is positive.
- If anyone is interested in this, we could provide a Java 11 compatible branch at some point after June 21st (This is when the verification of 2019JUN finishes).
- Port ACS to Python 3
- We have a complicated schedule between the Java 11, new ACS Makefile and other key ALMA deliverable.
- We're aiming to have this before 2019DEC.
- We mentioned 2020JAN, but that is an ALMASW-only deliverable (ACS only make releases on even months).
- Refactor ACS Makefile
- First roll-out scheduled with 2019JUN.
- It will handle dependencies calculation among modules.
- Should improve performance on multi-cpu/core machines.
- It will coexist with current Makefile for at least a year.
- False ACE/TAO CORBA Timeouts
- Share bug-fix with TAO community or even create the pull-request (ACE+TAO github).
- Notification Channel
- Problems with Notification Channel/Service after it has been left up running for weeks.
- Check if it might be related with problems seen at ALMA.
- Check memory usage of the Notification Service process when the problem happens to see if this may be a slow consumer generating issues.
Other institutions plans and proposed topics
- Integrating TAT with Jenkins
- Problems parsing the output from TAT tasks.
- ALMA to provide the parsing script being used here.
- It doesn't support multi-level analysis at this point for nested groups.
- This is the official content collaboration tool now used at ALMA.
- ACS space is open to public, but editing is limited to registered users.
- People interested in editing should let us know by e-mail either to acs-discuss or directly to Tomas Staig.
- ACS Community Bitbucket server
- It will be separated from the ALMA Bitbucket server due to licensing restrictions.
- This would give more freedom to create users and other actions on the community server.
- RedHat 8
- ACS should be compatible with RH 8.x considering the efforts that have been made so far to work with newer OS and technologies.
- This won't be tested until appropriate environments for testing are available. Either:
- ALMA provides official RH 8.x support
- CentOS 8.x docker images are available
- Joseph Schwarz: Follow up ACS Website tasks
- Tomas Staig, Jorge Avarias: Share TAT parsing utility/scripts.
- Tomas Staig: Share with ACE/TAO the bugfix for CORBA false timeouts. (https://github.com/DOCGroup/ACE_TAO/issues/1053)
- Everyone: Let us know if their interested on having confluence accounts for creating/editing ACS Community pages.
- Tomas Staig: Follow up the requests to create confluence accounts for interested people in the ACS community.